Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea – Lampard


Christian Pulisic can give "a lot more" to Chelsea than he has in his Stamford Bridge career to date, according to head coach Frank Lampard.
The United States international did not make a start in the Premier League for almost two months before an explosive performance against Burnley in October saw him score a hat-trick in a 4-2 win.

Further strikes against Watford, Ajax and Valencia followed, but Pulisic has not now registered a goal or an assist in his past four appearances.
Although Lampard has been pleased with his development, he will not let up in the demands he places on the £58million winger.
"I have just mentioned there about conversion of chances. I think he gets himself in so many good positions with his talent and his dribbling ability that I think more goals will be the next stage of that," Lampard told reporters ahead of Chelsea's meeting with Bournemouth on Saturday.

"I am really pleased with him. I have asked a lot of him. He has played a lot of games recently, back to back, in a new league that we know is very physical for him. I am asking a lot, but he has done very well. I expect a lot more."

Lampard is similarly pleased with the progress of full-back Reece James, who has shown signs of real promise when deputising for Cesar Azpilicueta.

Share post with friends

Comments